Terms and Conditions
At Fidelity Home Energy, Inc. (“Fidelity”, “our”, “we”), we know that we provide our customers with best in class solar energy equipment and service performance. At Fidelity, this performance is now guaranteed! If our solar energy systems don’t meet or exceed the performance output we promised in your sales contract, we’ll give you your money back!
(Certain terms and conditions do apply. See details about our Performance Guarantee below).
Effective Date and Term: Our Performance Guarantee applies to all solar energy systems installed on or after May 11, 2015. Customers are eligible to receive the Performance Guarantee for twenty-four (24) months beginning on the date the system is activated by your utility company (“Power On Date”).
Performance: Performance is determined by whether our solar energy system meets the capacity and kilowatt output we promised you during your initial In-Home Analysis session, as evidenced in the sales agreement you signed with Fidelity (“Performance”). Fidelity makes its Performance determinations based on an overall assessment of your energy needs, using information that you provide to us about your annual energy consumption and needs, including a review of your utility bills.
Details about Our Performance Guarantee:
Our Performance Guarantee is actually two guarantees in one!
First, if our solar energy system does not perform as promised during the first twenty four (24) months from your Power On Date, Fidelity will repair, replace and/or install additional panels and equipment as needed to ensure that your system performs as promised, at no additional charge to you! That’s our Replacement and Enhancement Guarantee!
Second, Fidelity will reimburse you for any additional energy costs you paid, averaged over the preceding twelve (12) month period, that are attributable to your systems’ underperformance during that time. That’s our Money-Back Guarantee!
In order to take advantage of the Performance Guarantee:
You must contact one of our Customer Service Agents at (858) 210-6210 within ninety (90) days of the first anniversary of your system’s Power On Date to set up an appointment for one of our Solar Energy Professionals to visit you at your home and inspect the system. In order to be eligible for the Performance Guarantee, you must provide our Solar Energy Professional with copies of your utility bills for the preceding twelve (12) months. If on average, our system’s Performance fell ten percent (10%) below what we quoted you, we will make all repairs, replacements and/or installments necessary to meet our quote. Fidelity will also reimburse you any additional energy costs you paid, averaged over the preceding twelve (12) months that were attributable to our system’s underperformance.
You may also contact Fidelity within ninety (90) days of the second anniversary of the system’s Power On Date to have your system reassessed, and to take advantage of our Performance Guarantee a second time!
The Performance Guarantee is offered in conjunction with Fidelity’s policy to repair and replace solar panels and inverters to the extent covered by the manufacturer’s warranty and/or Fidelity’s ten (10) year labor warranty for roof penetrations.
The Performance Guarantee Will Not Apply Where System Underperformance is Due to:
- Damage caused by customer moving, relocating or tampering with the system, or where system equipment is serviced by anyone other than a Fidelity technician;
- Customer not properly maintaining and cleaning the system in accordance with Fidelity’s and manufacturer’s stated guidelines;
- Customer not activating system with the utility company;
- An obstruction, not present at the time of the system’s installation, which reduces the panels’ exposure to solar light such that any repairs or enhancements to the system would be ineffective.
- The occurrence of any event beyond the reasonable control of Fidelity, causing system interruptions such as, by way of example and not by way of limitation, destruction of all or any part of the solar energy system for any reason, acts of God, actions by any governmental authority (whether valid or invalid), rolling black outs, brown outs, or any other type of power outage, fires, floods, windstorms, explosions, riots, natural disasters, war, or court injunction (“Force Majeure”);
- The occurrence of system interruptions lasting more than seventy-two (72) hours and about which customer did not contact Fidelity. To avoid voiding the Performance Guarantee, customer is advised to check their solar monitoring system frequently to ensure that the system is working properly and promptly report any interruptions or malfunctions to Fidelity by calling Customer Service at (858) 210-6210.
- Customer’s reliance on Performance expectations not specifically stated on written sales agreement between customer and Fidelity. Fidelity will not be bound by any statements or representations made to customer relating to their system’s Performance, other than that which is written in the customer’s sales agreement.
May not be possible (and Fidelity shall bear no liability to customer) where external factors such as the size of customer’s roof, prevents the installation of additional panels, or otherwise limits Fidelity’s ability to honor the Replacement and Enhancement Guarantee.