What is Net Metering?
- Net metering allows you to sell your power to your utility company
- Your electric meter measures how many kilowatt-hours of electricity you are generating for your home
- Your solar system becomes your primary source of energy, your utility company becomes secondary
- When you generate more electricity than you use, you will be credited for the electricity you create
Your net metering agreement.
- You become a Net Energy (NEM) customer with your utility company
- Non-energy charges will be separated from net energy charges
- Receive a small monthly bill
- Your panel production, and your energy usage, will be tallied on your bill
- Some months may show a credit, others may indicate a charge
- Pay your energy bill monthly or yearly