How to Tell that You Need to Replace a Roof?
Some times its easy to know when to replace a roof. Some times it’s not so obvious. Perform your roof inspections once every year and look for the following warning signs to find out whether your roofing needs to be replaced:
Roof Wear – External
- External wear shows signs of roofs in need of repair
- External damage increases the risk of water leaks and rot
- Shingle edges are curled or shingle tabs are cupped
- Bald spots where granules are missing
- Cracked shingles
- The roof just looks old and worn
- Airborne algae cause dark streaks on roof decks
- Moss can grow on roof surfaces that don’t get much sunlight
Roof Wear – Internal
- Internal wear shows signs of major roof issues.
- Internal damage also increases the risk of water leaks and rot.
- Lazy roofers will stack roofing layers adding weight to the roof.
- Roof layers – 2 is 1 too many.